- Virtualization Host
- Nodeware VM download
- Nodeware Reseller or Nodeware user-managed account 
You can download Nodeware VM packages in the Nodeware dashboard, under Management for Resellers and user-managed accounts.
- Virtualization Hosts should be always-on devices.
- Desktops are recommended for the trial version of VMware Workstation Player.
- Dedicated server-based hypervisors are recommended for best performance and network reliability.
OVA (Open Virtualization Format Archive)
- VMware vSphere, ESXi, Fusion, Workstation and Workstation Player
- Specific VMware Instructions can be found in the VMware Deployment Instructions article in the knowledgebase
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Oracle VM
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 Professional
30 Day Trial of VMware Workstation Player
You may download a 30 day trial of VMware Workstation Player for Microsoft Windows or Linux at the following link: https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player/workstation-player-evaluation.html
Install the VM by following the instructions for your specific vendor from this knowledge base or the vendor's own documentation.
Power On VM
Start the Nodeware VM instance and verify that the Nodeware Splash Screen is visible, as seen in Fig. 1.
FIG 1. - Nodeware VM Splash Screen
Note: the IP address shown, then follow the instructions in the Sensor Activation knowledge base article to complete setup of Nodeware.
 Nodeware customer accounts under a reseller are unable to generate license keys, as this function is managed by the reseller account. Directly billed customers can generate a license key under the Settings menu