The NodewareVM Hyper-V package is compatible with all current versions of Hyper-V, including Hyper-V Core 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, and Windows 10 Professional with the Hyper-V role enabled.
Download & Install
You can find the Hyper-V package on the Downloads section of either the Management view (resellers) or Settings (direct user).
FIG 1 - Import Virtual Machine in the Actions menu
FIG 2 - Import Virtual Machine wizard, Locate Folder step
- Download the Hyper-V package from the Nodeware Dashboard (.ZIP file)
- Right click on the downloaded file and select Extract All...
- Open Hyper-V Manager
- Select the Hyper-V server you wish to install the NodewareVM on
- From the right-hand menu, click Import Virtual Machine... as seen in Fig. 1
- In the Import Virtual Machine Wizard, select Browse on the Locate Folder step, as seen in Fig. 2, and select the location you extracted the Nodeware VM folder to earlier
- Click Next, and you should see one entry for NodewareVM. Select this and click Next
- On Choose Import Type, you should select Copy the virtual machine (create a new unique ID), especially if you will be installing multiple Sensors on your network, Fig. 3
- In Choose Destination, you have the option to specify where the VM's required files and folders are stored. The default is the downloaded location, so you may wish to update it
- Clicking Next will take you to the Summary view. You will see the previously entered configuration options. Confirm they're correct and click Finish
- Select the installed VM from the list on the left, and click Start on the lower right-hand menu
- If you click Connect, you will see the splash screen of the Nodeware VM, Fig 4. You do not need to log into the VM in the course of normal operation, instead you will manage the Sensor from the web console, accessed by visiting the IP address of the Sensor in a web browser
FIG 3 - Choose Import Type
FIG 4 - Nodeware VM Splash Screen